Give Me Chocolate or Give Me Death…

You know – in case you didn’t really believe my tweet that my awesome editor, Danielle, sent me chocolate with my revisions. (Yes that is a pink Hello Kitty keyboard. Yes, I’m a freak. Sorry.)

I’m still mulling the notes over, honestly – but in more of a potential “what can I do to really make this rock” sort of way than anything else. And because I know there will be two more books, I can also try to look at weaving some of the plots together so they will be a bit more cohesive between stories.

I tend to think long-term. I’m very used to those long Fantasy epics, so when I first started writing, I assumed I could do the same thing…but as an aspiring author, writing a series is frowned upon – or at least pitching a book as part of one, anyway. As anyone who’s tried to get an agent or an editor knows, whatever book you are writing, it has to stand on its own. (At least, unless you are just so super cool that you *can* sell a massive series up front, but those powers are very much unknown to me. LOL).

This means things are supposed to tie up neatly – and in the case of romance, there usually has to be a HEA (Happily Ever After) as part of that.  (Which I mentioned sort of forcing in a previous post, and I can totally admit that I  rushed things a bit, because I was told it was “expected”.) Knowing for a fact that I’ve got three books to play with hopefully means I don’t have to be *quite* that neat. Or that happy. 😉

In the meantime, in some ways the revisions are a bit like starting over, but in a good way. Everything is just full of sudden potential, like I’ve got another chance to produce something great.

And completely unrelated, here’s a picture of my new arm socks, since La-Tessa wanted to see them. (Or at least one, since I was taking the picture with my other hand.)

And yes, there’s my light-up Hello Kitty mouse.

Perhaps tomorrow I’ll show you all my new thigh-high, rainbow tie-dyed and black striped socks.

Or perhaps not.

This entry was posted in editing, hello kitty fail, revisions, socks. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Give Me Chocolate or Give Me Death…

Okay. I'm jealous. I'm not a Hello Kitty fan, but that mouse is pretty flippin' cool *sniff*.

It sounds like your editor is a very understanding woman! To know chocolate would make the edits better, well that just shows she knows her business. I say trust most any person who offers you chocolate. Unless they're trying to get you in their car, except for Gerard Butler. He can lure me to his car anytime!

Oooh, those arm socks look super comfy! I saw a rainbow pair online that I'm soo tempted to buy, but I'm fighting the urge! Oh and I'm lovin the Hello Kitty computer gear! So cute!

Hope you enjoy the chocolate! I find it always gets the creative juices going! And it just makes life a little easier to swallow sometimes 🙂

I dunno know which scares me more, the huge pile of printed pages or the "moveable mouse button tits" all aglow.  =-X

Heh. You know it! Every click is a *sexy* experience. LOL!

Give in. Seriously. There is no fighting the power of teh rainbow arm socks.

They really are great for me when I'm writing at night. For some reason, my hands just get icy cold.

You know, Danica, I'm not sure I get you. Are you saying you like Gerard Butler?

7. Dovelily says:

LOl-What an awesome editor! Love the Hello Kitty keyboard and mouse, and those super arm socks! Gotta find some I can wear around the office.

yeah, I totally caved after I commented haha But I couldn't find the rainbow ones anymore! The Etsy seller must have sold it! :'(  But I did find a fab lavender colored pair, and I'm STOKED.

9. Sia McKye says:

What a nice editor. I'm so glad to see your excitement over this whole project. Attitude is everything and yours rocks.

You know, I had no idea there even was a hello Kitty keyboard, much less a mouse. Sigh, I'm so behind the times, lolol!

Like Gerard Butler? Ha! But Gerard Butler and chocolate? Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't like that? lol

11. LaTessa says:

Woot, I'm digging the arm socks. I need to order a pair for me and my coworker, since they are determined to freeze us out at work during the summer months

12. LaTessa says: