The Problem with Perky

I am not Perky.

I don’t think I’ve ever been perky. Or if I have it’s only in small doses. And then it wears off and I’m back to my grumpy self.

I don’t think I really trust perky people. I mean, is it really possibly to be that happy all the time?

Maybe it is.

However, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s really all about the hair.  Case in point, the doc I saw the other day had short and perky hair. And she was a very perky person. Said I was “just the sweetest thing,” while we were talking, in this perfect little Southern drawl. And seeing that I was there for my annual exam, being that perky was a very nice trick indeed.

Anyway, I went to the hairdresser today. You can see exhibit A there up top, courtesy of my self-held camera. (I had to tuck in that chunk behind my ear on my right, otherwise it hangs right over my face. Makes it hard to drive.) Admittedly, I just told her to “make it look nice.”

Which I guess meant taking Jennifer Love Hewitt’s hair and putting it on me.  (I’m not really wearing any make up here, btw, still proving that I’m not terribly photogenic. Camera *hates* me.)

I’m not sure I like it. But I’m not sure I don’t, either.

It’s a moot point really, because I don’t actually own any hair spray, which means it’s probably going to fall flat by tonight. But maybe it won’t.

And no, I wasn’t born in the stone age, but I was a child of the 80’s. In New Jersey. I had bangs you could sit on in high school. I carried an 18 inch canister of Vavoom in my purse.

Yes, I got help.

And I’m rambling. But that’s okay, because my friend Heather has enough perkiness for both of us, courtesy of her awesome DG meet and greet last night:

Oh, please – like you didn’t think I’d mention him at least *once* today?

Think he really liked the shirt, eh?

Alas, I will have to console myself to mere adoration from the front row tonight.

With my perky hair.

This entry was posted in david garrett, random. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Problem with Perky

1. Scopique says:

What's wrong with you!? I think the hair looks GREAT!

Sheesh…  ; )

I'm so with you. What's with perky people? Don't they realize that things are NOT that wonderful? Oh sure, I can be happy and perky if I'm watching a movie with Gerard Butler in it, but most of the time, I'm definitely an Eoyore type of girl. Not that I'm an ass or anything, although I frequently act like one…okay, so I totally got off my point. Perky = bad.

Oh, and your hair looks good. I don't see JLH in it at all…maybe Sarah Michelle Gellerish, but not Jennifer. And I remember the big bangs. I have nightmares that my hair is down to my waist again and I'm sitting in front of a mirror with a can of hair spray. I'm just sitting in front of the mirror teasing my hair higher and higher and higher. *shudder* God, what a nightmare.

Perky? You're managing a mostly-smile in that pic (a good pic, btw), which looks damn close to being one Mt. Dew away from 'perky.'

You get no sympathy for today because you will be basking in the glow of DG tonight. Maybe, if you're really lucky, he'll show off his ink. ~rar~

5. C.J. says:

Where in Jersey?  I had no idea!  I lived there 20 years and was happy to get the hell out. Love my friends there, but disliked a lot of other stuff.

6. C.J. says:

Oh – and the pic looks good even without makeup.  I like your hair in it!

7. Kay says:

I've always been tolerant of perky people.  I figured they were put on earth to counter my attitude.  That's why there're so many of them.

Exit 4 off the Turnpike. 😉  About 20 minutes outside of Philly. No, I didn't own an IROC. lol.