Awesomesauce…I am Made of It.

Well, maybe a little anyway. My editor loves my revisions- at least the first 16 chapters’ worth, so I’m definitely feeling a massive wave of relief here. We’re coming down to the deadline at the end of next week – hopefully I can continue to crank it out like I need to.

My only concern now is that I’ve added a fair amount of action scenes, but I don’t want them to start being too repetitive – i.e. there’s a threat, characters confront the threat, characters defeat the threat, rest period, threat number 2 (which is maybe too much like threat number 1?) Rinse and repeat == boring and predictable?

It’s a bit of a concern, but I think I’ll have to wait until it’s all really put together before I’ll be able to tell if it’s really an issue or just me being entirely too nit-picky.

This entry was posted in awesomesauce, editing, updates. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Awesomesauce…I am Made of It.

1. Scopique says:

Let em get their asses kicked once…it'll be good for em!ย  XD

2. Simon says:

WOOT! Nicely done, Myn. May the ass-kickery continue (with the edits, anyway). And as long as you find new and creative ways to cause excitement, you'll be fine.

I seem to recall the best part of R.A. Salvatore's godawful Drizzt books being the fight scenes, and I didn't get tired of those until about 14 books in. ๐Ÿ™‚

That's so awesome! I'm glad your first edits went well. Maybe instaed of someone winning, you could have one fight scene left at a draw. Okay, I'm suddenly thinking The Holy Grail here…You know, the Black Knight saying "We'll call it a draw."

May the Lords of Awesomesauce protect and preserve your data…

Just work through it and try not to worry too much ๐Ÿ™‚ ย It'll be easier to tell when it's done like you said! We'll deal with it lattah m'dear!

Keep up the fab job!

6. LaTessa says:

Umm, are those tomatoes on your package of Awesome Sauce??

(And congrats on the editing progress!!)

7. Songlian says:

Uhm… pass the sauce, please? ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

This is very good news! Keep up the good work!