Early Morning WTFkery

I found myself looking through old ads the other night – those sexist ones from the 50s? Yeah, I thought they were pretty amusing at first, but as I delved a little further, I found plenty more and then it started to piss me off.

So, I figured I’d post a few of them here. (That and I spent most of yesterday completely offline for various reasons, the main one being massive amounts of editing. Probably going to be much the same time today.)

1) Hmmm. Yeah. Blow it in her face dude.

2) You *have* to click on the picture link here and read the fine print. It’s fucking unbelievable.

3) Yeah, we’re pretty useful all right. Let me just get back in that kitchen and make you some pie.

4) Okay. I don’t even know what this is supposed to be selling.

(But there were many ads showing women being spanked, so clearly they needed to sell a lot of it.)

Hmmmm…You know what would make me feel better? Reverse sexism.

I don’t know what he’s selling either.

But I want some.

*cough*

Don’t you feel better now?

This entry was posted in random, sexist pigs, wtf. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Early Morning WTFkery

1. KL Grady says:

OMG. I've seen the spanking and smoking ones before. The VW one is awful, but that useful bollocks? Makes me so furious, I'm seeing sparkly spots. ARGH!!!

More reverse sexism! Bring it!

Heh. You know, I thought of you when I put that up there. Go figure. 😉

Better break out that reiki eye.

3. laura says:

You know, that did make me feel better! 🙂

But wow @ those ads!  I don't know how women ever stood for that BS.

4. Simon says:

Bahahaahaaa! Er… I shouldn't laugh at these things, but the VW ad made me snort vodka all over my keyboard.

Funnily enough, though, I do remember posing for that pic. They made me take off my shades, and I got rope burns in tender spots. It sucked.

Clearly this is advertising rope, right?

Magical rope.

Yup.

Eh. We still kind of stand for it I think. It may not be *quite* as blatant, but it's still out there. The only real difference now is that with the internet, people are better informed – and therefore less likely to assume keeping a man means a woman has to douche with lysol.

Seriously.

Wow. Those ads are ridiculous! But I too encourage the reverse sexism portion of this post  O:-)

8. Anonymous says:

Yeah, I'd drag that last guy home since he's all tied up so neatly.  I can't believe the VW car one though.

These were really cool.

………..dhole

Okay, my feminine spirit is outraged…and turned on by the guy in ropes. Ummm, yeah. I think he must be advertising swings, you know, for your backyard. Better than a tire swing…'Ropes, wrap your man up and he'll never stray!'

So about that eye candy blog tour…bwahahaha