I picked up another blog award the other day, courtesy of Danielle. 🙂
And here are the acceptance rules:
1. Brag about the award. And so I have. 🙂
2. Include the name of the blogger who gave you the award and link back to that blogger.
3. Choose a selection of blogs that you find brilliant in honest content.
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.
5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.
So with that in mind, here’s 10 honest (and kinda random and rambling) things about me.
1) I never went to any of my high school proms. Of course, no one asked me either, and I was too chickenshit to go alone. I seem to remember just going for a walk on the beach that weekend instead. And I bought a parakeet, too.
2) I can roll my tongue into a clover leaf.
3) I despise people who lie. I don’t mean little lies, like telling people their hair looks good – I mean the telling of manipulative falsehoods for emotional gain or lack of fortitude. Which is a fancy way of saying I’ve been burned badly by people I’ve trusted. I didn’t care for it and I’m less likely to put up with it in the future.
4) When I was 10, my friend and I bought our first dirty magazine by telling the cashier it was for my friend’s dad. Guess rules were a bit more lax back then. Plus we were girls. Guess no one thinks little girls can be pervy. Alas. I bought an actual Playgirl when I was 15 by telling the cashier I was on a scavenger hunt. But Steven Tyler was on the cover, so that’s okay. Right? RIGHT?
5) I love cheese. I would drink it, if it were in liquid form. But not those funky, stinky cheeses.
6) I worry far too much about what other people think. I hate that.
7) I love glitter pens.
8) I want to get a tattoo, but I’m too chickenshit to actually do it. To the right is the design I had commissioned. In theory, it will go on my back just below my neck. (Nothing on the small of my back, I don’t think. Given my luck, they’d have to cut through it for another surgery.)
9) I have never actually been drunk. Not because of my tolerance level (ha ha – Irish, you know), but because I’ve never actually wanted to be – i.e. never had enough to push me over the edge. Well, that and because the Interstitial Cystitis causes me to piss blood when I *do* have alcohol these days. Just a minor deterrent, I suppose. (Are you there, TMI? Yeah, it’s me, Allison…)
10) I have a hard time keeping things to myself, as clearly noted above. Clearly.
Okay, here’s a little list of people I’d like to award this to – even though I think some of them have already gotten it, so I won’t hold them to the rules. 🙂
1) Jeffe – she’s always honest with me about my work and her blog is full of awesome insight. I respect that.
2) Simon – because he utterly rocks, on so many levels.
3) Adri – also full of honest rockage. (Wait. Did that sound pervy? It wasn’t supposed to. I adore him.)
4) Katiebabs – Her honesty is blinding. And sometimes heartbreaking. She puts way more out on the line on her blog than I’ve ever had the courage to do.