Hello Kitty Win?

My Hello Kitty USB hub came in yesterday. It lights up (and changes color). It’s a card reader. It has three usb ports in the back.

I paid way too much for it, but I was in a **rough patch and the new computer doesn’t have a card reader, and limited front facing USB ports, so I figured, why not? I’m a sucker for things that light up anyway.

** Rough patch being that I got my MRI results back last week and yes, I’ve got scar tissue all around the surgical site. And the disc above the one that was operated on is now bulging out on the *right* side. And I have arthritis too. I was told that they only see this sort of damage in the spine of people who are much older. (Although, what’s funny is that they then hurried to tell me that this sort of thing wasn’t uncommon. Really? So which is it? Old lady back or nothing to worry about??)

They stuck me on a whole bunch of supplements – giant horse pills of chondroitin, and vitamin D and Omega 3. (I’ll admit I have my doubts – I’ve heard a lot of conflicting reports as whether any of these things actually work. I’ll give it 3 months, tops.)

And I don’t give a shit if the fish oil capsules *are* lemon flavored. They still taste like ass when I burp them up 45 minutes later.  (Lovely image, eh?)

I’m probably going to be a damn cripple by the time I’m 45.

In which case, expect to see a Hello Kitty LED on top of the walker.

This entry was posted in back pain, grumpy as fuck, hello kitty. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Hello Kitty Win?

mmmm, fish ass, tasty.

And not even Swedish Fish ass, which would be perfectly acceptable.

Swedish Fish ass is acceptable? Is that like Viking Fish ass, or Swedish Chef Fish ass? I'm just wondering. I mean, I've never really thought about what fish ass tasted like.

The USB Hub is looking mighty fierce and darn it! It's friggin' cute. Meh.

Swedish Fish Ass as in the candy? You know, the red gummy things that are made of awesomesauce?

Yo'uve just taught me something new…I feel so sheltered.

6. Anonymous says:

Your kitty is cuter than the color-changing ball I use to tell me when my computer is on after I've left it awhile.

awww, Allison, I'm so sorry to hear about the MRI. I totally know how you feel. I have the same things but in my knee. It's so hard 🙁  Give the supplements a try for a few months and see if they do anything for you. I know some people who have good results with them, but others (like myself) don't really respond. I'll cross my fingers that they help!!!

Yeah. I'm working on them. They also told me to start taking magnesium to see if that would help with the muscle tightness.

I have a cup full of horse pills to take every morning now.

*shudders*

9. KathTea says:

Back pain, totally get you. Although mine is scoliosis and I have never gotten it measured but it sure hurts like hell at times. AND I'M 18!!! My bones are hardened as they say… So I'm doing inversion therapy… Wondered if you've tried that?

Also, Hello Kitty stuff, made of win.

10. Elisabeth Kent says:

Sorry about the MRI result, lady, but your post cracked me up (assy fish oil burps and that pic of Captain Picard).  Here's a wee hug so I don't hurt your back:

(wee hug)